Yesterday was my mom’s birthday and in order to celebrate her special day,
we my sister (because I can’t bake to save my life) made a vegan molecake. (Or, in German, Maulwurfkuchen).
It was her first attempt at vegan-izing this particular cake, and it worked out really well! It was absolutely delicious. So I decided that it would be cool to share her recipe on the interwebs, in case you want to try making the vegan version of this cake as well. So here it goes!
For the cake:
- 500 grams of flour
- one small pack of baking powder (around 16 grams)
- 200 grams of sugar
- two packs of vanilla sugar (around 16 grams in total)
- 40 grams of cocoa powder
- 150 millilitres of melted margarine
- 250 millilitres of chocolate soy milk (we used this one)
- 200 millilitres of water
For the filling:
- 600 millilitres of soy whipping cream (we used this brand)
- two packs of whipping cream stabilizer (again around 16 grams in total)
- 50 grams of grated chocolate
- one (or more) bananas, depending on how much you like bananas and how banana-y you want your cake to taste
- Add all the ingredients for the cake to a big bowl, whisk it all together really quickly (not too long, just for a minute or so)
- Put your dough into a round cake tin, bake at 180° for around 40 minutes (at circulating heat)
- While your cake is baking, prepare your filling: mix the whipping cream and the two packs of stabilizer and whip it until it’s … whipped … duh. Then mix your grated chocolate into your whipping cream. Cut the banana into thin pieces
- Once your cake is finished, take it out and leave it to cool. Once it has cooled down a bit, cut off the rounded top half and kind of hollow out the bottom half a little
- Cover the hollow space you created in the bottom half with your thin banana slices. Then add your cream filling on top
- Finally, take the top half of the cake that you cut off and crumble it all over the bottom half and the cream filling. And then you’re doooooneeee
I hope this was somewhat helpful to some of you. See you next time, baiaiaiaiai!!